I had the opportunity to record a podcast with George Grombachern, host of Money Savage. On the show, we talked about the evolution of reverse mortgages and how they can be incorporated into retirement income planning. George didn’t hold back. From questions about the bad reputation of reverse mortgages to the ideal borrower to FINRA’s last resort position, we covered a range of topics in this jam-packed interview. Hope you enjoy – dg
(For the Difference-Making Tip, scan ahead to 20:30.)
- [1:50] Spooky-Land: Home of the Reverse Mortgage?
- [2:40] The (Brief) Genesis of Senior, Equity Release Programs.
- [6:25] Repayment Problems: How Have They Been Addressed?
- [8:20] Are Reverse Mortgages Complicated?
- [9:45] Incorporation in Retirement Income Planning.
- [11:40] FINRA and the Last Resort Position: Why Did They Change Their Mind?
- [13:50] Profile of the Ideal Borrower.
- [16:50] Three Questions and Five Reverse Mortgage Building Blocks.
- [19:10] What Are the Next Steps?
- [20:30] Difference-Making Tip
Consider this CHECKLIST (25 Ways to Use Reverse Mortgages) to see if a reverse mortgage may be the right strategy for you client.